|“||Admiral Tarung is one of the founding fathers of TAPOPS. He stepped out of retirement after the news of the attack on TAPOPS Space Station.||”|
— Description from BoBoiBoy Galaxy website
Not much is known about Tarung's early life, but he had spent a sum of his time working in TAPOPS as one of its legendary admirals. He made a big name for himself that even Adu Du and Probe knew that he was one to be feared.
At some point, he retired from his position to work as a conservationist, specializing in the protection of endangered species. He no longer kept in contact with TAPOPS or any of the outside world, aside from sending his clothes to their laundry station cover and receiving encrypted messages via laundry receipts.
The admiral's silhouetted figure is first seen when he observes the strange behaviour of a hypnotised Adu Du.
Tarung reveals himself when he protects BoBoiBoy and Fang from being hypnotized by Katakululu. Using his sheer intimidation, he resists the frog’s attempts to hypnotize him, and gets it to hypnotize itself, allowing him to peacefully capture the frog in order to preserve its rare species.
He then reveals to BoBoiBoy, Gopal and Fang that he is the intended recipient of the laundry bags that they are supposed to deliver. After receiving the message that TAPOPS is in danger, he sets off with them to aid the organization.
When they arrive at TAPOPS Station, Tarung notices that the boys are still carrying his bulky laundry bags and offers to take them off their hands. BoBoiBoy insists that that isn't necessary, but Tarung takes them anyway and carries them under one arm, stunning the boys with his strength. The elevator doors open and Tarung invites them to go through first. Gopal mentions to BoBoiBoy that the admiral's gentleman-lile behaviour is a stark contrast to their commander's.
Tarung enters BoBoiBoy and Gopal's room to wake them up a couple of minutes before seven in the morning so that they can prepare for their upcoming test. Gopal asks for five more minutes of sleep, which Tarung grants him. Scarcely a minute later, the clock beeps 7:00am, and Tarung's appearance and demeanor flips.
Upon discovering that BoBoiBoy, Gopal and Fang are not mere delivery boys and are actually TAPOPS members, he's infuriated by the fact that TAPOPS is accepting members he believes to be so ill-prepared. The event reveals the other side of Tarung's split personality: intense and short-tempered with a terrifying fury.
When BoBoiBoy and his team were reporting there mission to Koko Ci, Tarung was there too listening their report. He was angered to listen that BoBoiBoy has saved Adu Du and Probe but was cooled down after listening that they have successfully saved EggaBot. He allowed them to go to Earth to meet their families.
When BoBoiBoy and his friends reached TAPOPS Station, Tarung was lying unconscious because of Retak'ka's attack.
He lastly appeared, alongside other TAPOPS members, to congratulate BoBoiBoy on his victory against Retak'ka. On asked by BoBoiBoy, he tells him about the Cendawa Tribe and their temporarily living on Earth since their home is destroyed by Retak'ka.
Tarung has two separate personalities. From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (working hours) he is known to be tough, aggressive, strict and ruthless. This personality has led him to develop a reputation as a fearsome admiral of TAPOPS.
From 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., (after working hours) as well as during breaks, his personality is the complete opposite: mild, calm, easy-going, gentle and supportive.
Tarung shares most of his appearance akin to the elusive white tiger. He has blue hair with white highlights and a pair of sharp blue eyes. He has white skin with black stripes, that change to orange with black stripes when he is enraged. He wears a skin-tight blue tank top with orange and black camo pants. Tarung appears to be wearing military-grade blue boots as well as a watch and a bangle on his wrists.
Skills and Abilites
- Tarung Battle Suits (Sarung Tarung): Admiral Tarung possesses battle suits that take the form of alien beasts. However, they also comically appear like mascot costumes. Based on the fact that he was looking for Katakululu and that he now has a suit resembling the frog, he needs to first find the creature in order to mimic its abilities.
- Tigerbear (Bearimau): A suit with the ability of a Tigerbear, an animal that, as the name states, is a cross between a tiger and a bear. Using this suit, Tarung's physical abilities render him nearly unstoppable, as he easily destroyed scores of enemy spacecrafts, minions, and burst through BoBoiBoy Earth's Earth Barrier with a single strike.
- Molezard (Komondok): A suit with the ability of a Molezard (a cross between a mole and a lizard). It allows Tarung to burrow at a swift pace, and perform powerful drill attacks.
- Katakululu: A suit with the hypnotizing ability of Katakululu. First used against BoBoiBoy and Fang.
See more: Tarung/Relationships.
- In Malay and Indonesian, "Tarung" means "Fight".
- This likely alludes to his expert combat skills.
- When he's not working, his skin is white with red stripes and he has a gracious, mild demeanour. During his work hours (7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding lunch breaks), his skin inverts to red with blue stripes and he takes on a harsher, more terrifying persona.
- He is the third character who can eat Yaya's biscuits without fainting, after Probe and Lahap.
- He lived in Planet Dargha’ya, preserving and studying on rare species before he stepped out of retirement after hearing the news that TAPOPS Station was under attack.
- Tarung's favorite food is laksa while his favorite drink is black tea.
- Tarung's favorite types of songs are spirit-building songs.
- Tarung's favorite color is blue.
- He bears a close resemblance to Uno, the villain from Agent Ali series, another Malaysian animated series.
- He is similar to Gado the Lion from Bloody Roar game series back in the 90s, aside from the scarred face.