|“||Probe is Adu Du's robot minion who carries out all of Adu Du's ground missions. He is actually a prototype version which explains his low intelligence resulting to frequent failures.
He is very loyal to Adu Du but is often easily impressed by BoBoiBoy's cool superpower moves. He has a myriad of different weapons contained in his limbs.
— Description from BoBoiBoy Galaxy website
A.R. Probe, nicknamed Probe, is the secondary antagonist in Boboiboy series
Probe was built by the Kubulus on the planet Ata Ta Tiga in the year 124XD (time used by the Kubulus). He was to be a combat robot, but one of the scientists spilled water onto him and caused major complications in his development. Although he was able to activate his 'Super Probe' for the first time, due to the complications, the scientists were forced to scrap him.
Probe crashed in what seemed like the middle of nowhere, nearly destroyed and dying. He was crying for help when a young Adu Du found him. Taking pity on the robot, Adu Du took Probe back to his lab and rebuilt him, accidently activating him with Pipe Water. As gratitude for saving his life, Probe swore his eternal allegiance and loyalty to Adu Du. Ever since, Probe has remained by Adu Du's side, as his faithful friend and loyal assistant.
It was said that Probe acted very 'insane' due to an incident where he fell inside a water tank (Season 2, Episode 2).
Probe first makes his debut in Season 1, Episode 1, alongside Adu Du as his follower, stealing cocoa powder from Tok Aba's cocoa shop so they could fuel the ship.
With the arrival of Ejo Jo and PETAI in Rintis Island in Season 2, Episode 10, PETAI attacks Probe as ordered by Ejo Jo. As he is no match for the new combat robot, Probe dies from the serious damage inflicted on him.
Despite being thoroughly destroyed, he was able to be reconstructed by Adu Du with the help of BoBoiBoy and a converter he bought from Bago Go to revive him in Season 3, Episode 4. However, despite becoming amnesiac, he defends Adu Du from the Giant Cocoa. Adu Du manages to restore some of Probe’s memories by throwing a mug at him, something he did often enough for Probe to remember.
When Adu Du creates BoBoiBot in Season 3, Episode 18, the growing relationship between them caused Probe to grow extremely jealous. When he discovers the robot's weakness, he went behind Adu Du's back to BoBoiBoy, informing him of the robot's weakness so Probe could return to being Adu Du's 'favorite' robot. Later, Adu Du discovers that Probe had leaked BoBoiBot's weakness to BoBoiBoy, but he forgives Probe because he had saved Adu Du from drowning in Season 3, Episode 20.
Probe appears in the movie alongside Adu Du, first joining Bora Ra and his group before they were harshly treated and went agaisnt them. With Adu Du, he formed a temporary truce, he was seen selfie with BoBoiBoy's friends and Papa Zola.
Now three years into the future, Probe has since been upgraded, being able to transform into a vehicle, a mecha mode, and much more. He is currently helping Adu Du as a full-fledged power sphere hunter.
He seems to be extremely goofy, fun and eccentric. He was also very tricky, as seen when he disguised as Auntie Saodah in order to trick BoBoiBoy and his friends. Probe is also known to be clumsy. Despite this, Probe is very loyal to Adu Du and will do anything for him. When he temporarily died, Adu Du showed his affection for him and even mourns after his death. When Probe was revived, the two reunite happily.
Though Probe now has become more powerful since modifications that Adu Du done on his damaged body in the attempt to revive him (even goes so far by tried to use salvaged PETAI parts on him), it's apparent that he would have bad memories about his defeat against Ejo Jo's first PETAI and Adu Du mourning his death. Upon realizing that Ejo Jo has returned for revenge, Probe was traumatized with his previous death, and immediately agreed when Adu Du schemed the plan to call the truce with BoBoiBoy and his friends for facing the said threat.
Skills and Abilities
- Laser Shot: The Probe can shoot a laser from a piece of equipment. It is seen in Season 1, Episode 3.
- Sleep Bullets: Probe can release two sleeping bullets to make its target drowsy until it falls asleep. It was used while chasing Ying in Season 1, Episode 3.
- Sleeping Gas: Probe can release green sleeping gas on its target. It was used on Ying in Season 1, Episode 3.
- Mud Shots: Probe shoots mud from its body parts after falling into the mud. It is only used in Mission: Laundry Delivery.
Probe has unique abilities where he can switch into different modes each of which has their own abilities.
- Combat Mode: Changes like Super Probe Mode, Super Auntie Probe, Super Duper Probe, and Mecha Probe. Probe combat mode is awesome and has great weapons.
- Super Probe: Super Probe is Probe's battle mode. He first changed after cocoa powder was put into Probe's head in Season 1, Episode 1.
- Super Auntie Probe: Super Auntie Probe is Probe's mode that resembles a Super Probe and is pink. It only appeared in Season 1, Episode 5 after Adu Du put two cocoa drinks into the Probe.
- Super Duper Probe: Super Duper Probe is Probe's mode with twice the size of a regular Super Probe. It only appeared in the video game Papa Zola 5: Truth Against the Forces of Darkness in Season 1, Episode 7.
- Robolabolabolabolabot Super King: The resulting combination of Probe with two Robolabot robots. It only appeared in Season 2, Episode 4 in football match.
- Mega Probe: Mega Probe is Probe's second combat mode that first appeared in Season 3, Episode 5. This mode is also known as Mecha Probe in BoBoiBoy Galaxy.
- Utility Modes: Turns into everyday machine tools to disguise or please the work of his boss. Examples are washing machines, ovens, gas containers.
- Probe Washing Machine: Probe turns into a washing machine during the 10th cocoa test attempt. It only appears in Season 1, Episode 5.
- Vacuum Cleaner: According to Computer, Probe can be turned into a vacuum for cleaning. It is shown when the Computer uses it to clean the floor and is only mentioned in Season 1, Episode 10.
- Oven: According to Computer, Probe can turn into an oven for baking food. It is shown while Adu Du and the Computer wait for the pizza to be baked in it and is only mentioned in Season 1, Episode 10.
- Pan: According to Computer, Probe can be turned into the pan to cook the food. It is shown when Adu Du cooks food with him and is only mentioned in Season 1, Episode 10.
- Gas Barrels: According to Computer, Probe can turn into gas barrels. It is only mentioned in Season 1, Episode 10.
- Vehicle Mode: Probe can be transformed into Adu Du-driven vehicles such as cars and helicopters.
- The name "Probe" also means "trick" in Malay.
- In the second season, it was revealed that his full name was "A.R. Probe".
- In the behind-the-scenes video of BoBoiBoy: The Movie, Probe can speak English and even Japanese fluently.
- According to Probe in Season 1, Episode 10, he can be activated through tap water.
- Probe had a collection of horror books which he enjoys reading, but Adu Du disapproved of this past time, eventually burning Probe's books. Probe's horror book collection includes:
- Probe is the first character in the series to canonically 'die'. However, he was revived later in Season 3.