Pre-series, EmotiBot was captured, sold to and stolen from evil aliens numerous times, eventually ending up in Gijimo’s clutches. His powers were constantly misused, and the experiences traumatized him.
He is eventually rescued from Gijimo's Emporium by BoBoiBoy, Gopal, and Fang and brought back to the TAPOPS station in an unconscious state since his energy had been depleted at the Emporium. Upon recharging, EmotiBot mistakes the TAPOPS members for more aliens seeking to exploit him. Panicking, he uses his powers to manipulate the emotions of everyone who came near him, either rendering them unable to hurt him or turning them into his bodyguards. He is defeated when Gopal used the Liar's Nose Emoti to unplug him from the charging station, causing him to rapidly lose power. Before he fully shuts down though, BoBoiBoy restores his power, recognising that he only attacked them because he was traumatised by everything he'd been through. EmotiBot tearfully confirms this to be true and rejoices when he finds out that he is safe at the TAPOPS station.
EmotiBot appears in dormant mode along with the other TAPOPS Power Spheres in the post credit scene.
EmotiBot is a yellow power sphere with long arms, two antennae on his head and a blank panel where his face should be when he is shut down. When active, the face panel displays different static expressions depending on how he is feeling. All of these expressions bear resemblance to either classic emoticons or emojis.
EmotiBot appears to be cowardly and tragic for being traumatized during his past life, which is why EmotiBot attacked BoBoiBoy's friends for no reason. However, he felt safe in the TAPOPS Space Station.
Powers and Abilities
- Emotion Manipulation Power: By having multiple emotions, EmotiBot is able to manipulate anyone to change their emotions based on the reactions shown by EmotiBot.
- He is the eighteenth Power Sphere to appear in BoBoiBoy Galaxy.
- The name EmotiBot is derived from the word "emotion", in accordance with its power to manipulate one's emotions.
- He is the first rescued Power Sphere to appear to be suffering from some form of PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder)
- His face is similar to that of Ochobot, InviBot and DataBot due to them not having mouths that move when they speak.