- 1 History
- 1.1 BoBoiBoy Galaxy
- 2 Personality
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Skills and Abilities
- 5 List of Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See Also
After spending time on Planet Gurunda to recover another power sphere, BoBoiBoy's watch starts malfunctioning. It is later revealed by Ochobot that the watch had scanned the surrounding area and created a new Nature Element form for BoBoiboy to adapt to the change.
Leaf debuts when BoBoiBoy is thrown off the Space Pirate's ship and tossed into a tree. After recovering from being dropped and being hit in the head, which inadvertently caused Leaf's simpleton and scatterbrained personality, Leaf battles and ultimately overwhelms the leader of the space pirates, Captain Separo, effectively detaining him.
He is also used by BoBoiBoy when defending the TAPOPS ship from space mosquitoes. Leaf summons giant pitcher plants to gobble up the mosquitoes, before consequently being defeated for being the scatterbrain that he is. BoBoiBoy loses his form, but is saved by Papa Zola.
When being attacked by tree demons, Leaf was called out along with Earth and Lightning to save the bags of laundry that were actually secret SOS messages to TAPOPS agents. Leaf saved Gopal from being eaten by the tree demon before he inadvertently got in between the fight of Fang and another tree demon. As a result, Leaf was nearly devoured and stomped on, but was saved by Fang, Lightning, and Earth. He was later called upon again to save the falling laundry bags from Adu Du's mud shots.
Leaf was summoned once more along with Wind and Earth to try combat a hypnotized Gopal and Adu Du, who had been taken control of the hypnofrog Katakululu. Unfortunately, Both Leaf and Wind were incapable of fighting properly due to being frightened by a dead snake that Gopal had turned from a vine that Leaf tried to use. As a result, the two ended up being saved by Earth and exhausted, Leaf was called back to BoBoiBoy.
Later, Leaf is summoned via an Elemental Split to help Gopal cook a meal. Leaf was in charge of cutting the vegetables, using his vines to help do various tasks.
Leaf was called out to battle the Jugglenaut alongside Wind and Earth. Using his pitcher plants, Leaf is able to scoop up the explosive balloon spiders to prevent them from exploding and hurting his friends. Unfortunately, he was caught by the Jugglenaut's cement attack. Unable to move and worned down, Leaf lost his form and returned to BoBoiBoy.
BoBoiBoy Leaf battled against A.B.A.M., though he was incapacitated by him when the arrows pinned him in place. He later called out Fire and Wind to help free Ying and Yaya from the ice, though the other forms seemed to have been influenced by Leaf due to him being the leader and inherited his childish irrationality. However, Leaf's irrational scatterbrained personality proved useful to assist Gopal in dancing to help disorient A.B.A.M. that led to his destruction.
BoBoiBoy Leaf was summoned to help fight against EmotiBot, who has manipulated Admiral Tarung and the other members. BoBoiBoy Leaf attempted to use vines to help pull the plug on EmotiBot to get him to shut down, but was hypnotized by Admiral Tarung's Katakululu transformation.
BoBoiBoy Leaf was summoned during the infiltration mission to help distract the pirates while the others escaped. He set up snare traps on the stairway to deter any pirate pursuers, who later became entangled in them.
Unlike most of his other forms, BoBoiBoy Leaf is takes the persona of a childish, naive, and innocent person, though does have a tendency to be impulsive or get distracted. Being slightly less braver that some of the other elements, Leaf often finds himself in much more trouble since he doesn't think straight; often having to depend on the other elements or his friends for help, though seems to have become more competent as the series goes on. Leaf's naivety particularly showed when he offers Captain Separo a chance to reflect on his wrongdoings, even though it's clear that the villain will do no such thing. Leaf has also been shown to be a bit of a crybaby at times.
Like the other forms, Leaf bears resemblance to BoBoiBoy. However, he is the first form who is shown having a differently colored shirt underneath his vest (white) to the color of his emblem (emerald green) visible on his hat. Leaf's hat is haphazardly worn a little sideways backward.
Like all the other elemental forms, his emblem is also visible on the vest's zipper, but is zipped all the way up, just like Wind's. Leaf also has his pants covering part of his shoes as opposed to being tucked in.
In addition, Leaf's pupils are larger and shinier than all the other forms and BoBoiBoy's original persona, likely a design choice to highlight his naivety and childish nature.
Skills and Abilities
BoBoiBoy Leaf has botanokinesis, the power to manipulate nature and plants to his will. Most of Leaf's attacks are related to using plants to help attack and defend himself.
- Leaf Shuriken (Lontaran Daun) - Leaf summons leaf-like shurikens that can be thrown at his enemies as projectiles.
- Stunning Leaf Shuriken (Lontaran Daun Kebas dan Kejang) - A variation of Leaf Shuriken. It can be used to temporarily immobilize them. This can be undone by simply plucking out the Shurikens.
- Vine Whip/Creeping Vine (Daun Menjalar) - Leaf generates a long vine that he can use to swing across a distance. It can also function like a normal rope and can be used to lasso people and objects. The vines can act like a prehensile tail, able picking things up at Leaf's command.
- Itchy Leaf Blade (Lontaran Daun Keladi Gatal) - Leaf summons a leaf-like dagger that can cause extreme itchiness stuck on an enemy. Similar to Stunning Shuriken Leaf, if removed, the effect will disappear, but effects may linger.
- Leaf Whirlwind (Pusaran Daun) - Using a whirlwind of leaves to deflect incoming projectiles, Leaf can use this ability to defend himself. This ability has a noticeable resemblance to Whirling Wind, one of BoBoiBoy Wind's ability.
- Woven Leaves (Balutan Daun) - A type of ability that uses the leaf weaving. It can be used in different scenarios and have different results.
- Thatch Flips (Libasan Lalang) - Leaf creates a woven leaf that can be used much like a knife. This ability was used to slice HookaBot off from Captain Separo in BoBoiBoy Galaxy: Superheroes Unite (BoBoiBoy Galaxy: Adiwira Bersatu).
Abilities that BoBoiBoy Leaf has used while on his vehicle.
- Pitcher Plants Trap (Perangkap Periuk Kera) - Leaf summons large pitcher plants that can be used to devour opponents. It seems very effective against the space mosquitoes.
List of Appearances
- BoBoiBoy Leaf VS The Pirates
- Fang to the Rescue
- Mission: Laundry Delivery
- Katakululu's Hypnosis
- The Savage Trial
- Dark Circus
- Making Waves
- B.R.R.O.'s Revenge
- Emotion Manipulation
- Infiltration Mission
- Even though BoBoiBoy attained BoBoiBoy Thorn, the supposed upgraded version of Leaf in BoBoiBoy: The Movie, in BoBoiBoy Galaxy everyone refers to Leaf as a new form. BoBoiBoy never canonically gotten this form and had only gotten Thorn briefly after being super powered by Ochobot. By Galaxy, he had lost the ability to turn into Thorn and subsequently, Leaf.
- It's also interesting to note that BoBoiBoy did not need to know Leaf as a first-tier form to transform into Thorn.
- Both Leaf and Light are the only two first-tier forms not to appear in the original series.
- In "Katakululu's Hypnosis", it appeared that Leaf seems to have a fear of snakes (as shared with Wind), however, Earth didn't seem to share the same fear.
- In "B.R.R.O.'s Revenge", BoBoiBoy Leaf became the leader of the Elemental Split and as a result, the other Elemental Forms seem to have inherited Leaf's scatterbrain-ness (most notably, Fire was influenced to be much more childish than he usually is).
- According to the official BoBoiBoy Instagram, Leaf was the most excited to for Light to finally appear as an Elemental Form (which has something to do with the act of 'photosynthesis') and the two are said to get along well with each other.
- BoBoiBoy Leaf once built a secret treehouse for himself.