|“||Power Spheres are high-tech robots carrying powers unimaginable. Coveted by many, these robots fled and hid themselves in various parts of the galaxy. One by one, Power Spheres have been hunted down and captured by those with ill intent. And now, their powers are used to wreak havoc and destruction throughout the universe. This is the tale of Earth's superhero, BoBoiBoy and his quest to save the Power Spheres and defend our galaxy.||”|
— Koko Ci
BoBoiBoy Galaxy is a television series and the sequel series to BoBoiBoy. The first season premiered on the 25th of November, 2016 on TV3, 14th of January, 2017 on MNCTV Indonesia, and 22th of February, 2021 on RTV. The first season ended on June 22th, 2018 with total of 24 episodes. The second season is currently being released as a monthly comic series with no announcements on an animated adaption.
BoBoiBoy Galaxy is based around an adventure-based storyline that takes place in space where BoBoiBoy and his friends take a more active role as heroes, searching for problems to solve instead of having the problems come to him.
With the history and slavery of Power Spheres revealed, BoBoiBoy embarks on a new journey to save the Power Spheres of the Galaxy and defeat the evil.
See more: List of BoBoiBoy Galaxy Episodes
Main article: List of BoBoiBoy Galaxy Characters
In addition to the new television series, there is also a series of monthly drawn comics that will release before each episode airs. These comics are all available on the Monsta Online Store and can be ordered online.
The comics have 144 colored pages, are a hard book, and also contain concept art for the show. Each comic has four-episode stories. Previews of the comics can be read on the official website.
- Issue #1: Kembara Ke Angkasa (Journey to Space)
- Issue #2: Adiwira Bersatu (The Spirited One)
- Issue #3: Cabaran Baharu (New Challenges)
- Issue #4: Kemunculan Lagenda (A Legend Appears)
- Issue #5: Gelora Kuasa (Power Surge)
- Issue #6: Pembongkaran Rahsia (Secret Of Demolition)
- Issue #7: Ledakan Cahaya (Light's Explosion)
The series was renewed for the second season, though its production had been halted to allow Monsta to focus on BoBoiBoy Movie 2. The season had been planned to air after the movie's release, but there are currently no plans to animate Season 2 due to other projects such as Armored Hero: MechAmato taking priority.
Season 2 is being released as a monthly comic book series rather than an animated series and will be available for digital purchase on Monsta's upcoming Monsta Comics app.
At Kre8tif Virtual Conference, Monsta CEO Nizam Abd Razak revealed that plans for BoBoiBoy Movie 3, which had initially been slated for release in 2021, have now been shifted to 2022, which is another reason for the season's delay.
- Issue #1: Back to Action! (Kembali Beraksi!) - March 16, 2020
- Issue #2: The Secret of King Balakung! (Rahsia King Balakung!) - June 26, 2020
- Issue #3: Greatest Trial! (Perbicaraan Terhebat!) - July 27, 2020
- Issue #4: Ascending to the Sky! (Pendakian Hingga Ke Langit!) - August 26, 2020
- Issue #5: Mystery of the Barren Mountain (Misteri Pergunungan Tandus) - September 28, 2020
- Issue #6: Heritage Legacy Recipes! (Resepi Warisan Terulung!) - November 23, 2020
- Issue #7: Full of Dangerous Wilderness! (Belantara Penuh Bahaya!) - December 25, 2020
- Issue #8: Ancient Kadruax Tribe! (Puak Purba Kadruax!) - February 26, 2021
- Issue #9: Combination of Two Powers! (Paduan Dua Kuasa!) - March 26, 2021
- Issue #10: Mysterious Visitors from Outer Space! (Pelawat Misteri Dari Angkasa Lepas!) - April 29, 2021
- Issue #11: Turbulence in Windara ((Pergolakan Di Windara) - September 25, 2021
- Issue #12: Stranded! (Terkandas!) - October 29, 2021
- Issue #13: Windara Knights! (Kesatria Windara!) - October 26, 2021
- Issue #14: Fight for Windara! (Pertarungan Demi Windara!) January 28, 2022
- Issue #15: Fight Without Fear! (Berjuang Tanpa Gentar!) February 25, 2022
- Issue #16: Superheroes in Danger (Adiwira Dalam Bahaya) April 1, 2022
- Nizam Razak, on his Facebook account, posted about the fact of this series:
- MONSTA and TOMY (aka TAKARA TOMY) had agreed to produce various toys, including more figurines, merchandise, and vehicles.
- There is a new production pipeline for BoBoiBoy Galaxy. The R&D team have worked hard to design a new pipeline to deliver episodes of both quality and quantity. According to Nizam, there will be targeting to roughly 20-26 episodes per year (the first batch of episodes starting in June and releasing in November 2016).
- The first look was released on August 31, 2016.
- This series premiered on TV3 Malaysia on November 25, 2016, and MNCTV Indonesia on January 14, 2017.
- Nizam Razak and Monsta plan to make BoBoiBoy Galaxy at least 300 episodes, with films being released every two years, according to an interview.
- This is the second time that the music group Bunkface has worked with Monsta to create songs for BoBoiBoy, the first time being for BoBoiBoy: The Movie (with the song "Masih Di Sini"). The opening theme for BoBoiBoy Galaxy is called "Dunia Baru".
- According to Nizam Razak on a Facebook post, the proper opening sequence took seven years to develop and was directed by Hafiz SI.
- BoBoiBoy's gang seems to have lost their power upgrades since the events of the first movie.
- This was proven to be false when Fang used his Shadow Bear fusion in "Light of Hope", hinting that the rest of their upgrades have been retained after all.
- The first season finale was planned to be aired on 18 May, 2018 with one of the remaining six episodes of the season airing each week.
- Episodes leading up to the finale instead began airing weekly from 17 May with the final two episodes being combined into a 1-hour special on TV3.
- A BoBoiBoy Galaxy Special revolving around BoBoiBoy and friends’ adventures in the TEMPUR-A Headquarters seen in the ending of finale episode will air in place of a second season. The BoBoiBoy Special was going to be released at end of 2018 or early 2019, but has not yet been released.
- After the end of the first season, the titles of episodes 1 to 9 (except Episode 7) and the thumbnails of all Season 1 episodes on YouTube were altered. A video added by Monsta reveals some trivias across the first season of the series:
- The series spent 20 months in production.
- 24 episodes were completed with a total duration of 7 hours and 29 minutes.
- All episodes have a combined view count of more than 700 million views on YouTube. 9 versions of BoBoiBoy were unlocked during the series: Thunderstorm, Lightning, Wind, Fire, Earth, Solar, Light, Water, and Leaf.
- 73 new characters were introduced.
- 22 Power Spheres were tracked and protected.
- 9 foreign locales were visited during the series.
- Ochobot opened 11 teleportals.
- BoBoiBoy performed 126 transformations.
- BoBoiBoy unleashed 69 different attacks.
- By Season 2, BoBoiBoy has surpassed his second tier Elemental powers, learned a new technique called Elemental Fusion, and is attempting to unlock his third tier Elements.
- Official website
- Wikipedia page
- Monsta's YouTube page
- Production website
- Wikia page